What Can a Roofing Company Do for You?
After inspecting your roof, a roofing expert can:
- Advise you on where you can get repair or replacement services
- Provide quotations for the different cases with your roof
- Tell you how much your roof will last if you opt for repair instead of replacement services
- Educate you on the various roofing types, highlighting their pros and cons
Once you know what your roofing needs, look for the best roofing contractor to handle the roofing job.
When To Call A Roofing Expert
When you notice a roof leak, the first instinct would be to call a roof repair expert. However, the moment your roof leaks, it is already too late. Roof damage is not instant, and you may have a major underlying problem.
A leaky roof does not require instant roof replacement. However, it is essential to get roof repair services before the problem becomes irreparable.
How do you know that a roof needs repair? You do not need to be an expert to spot a roof needing repair services. Constant checking of your roof and regular due diligence is enough to notice any issue that requires attention.
What to look for when inspecting a roof from outside:
Here is a breakdown of the signs to look at different roof types:
- Shingles. Check for any loose or missing shingles to see if they show any signs of decay, splitting, or breakage.
Flat Roof. Check for patches, wrinkles, cracks, or tears on the roof.
- Flashing. Look out for buckling portions or tears.
- Fascia. Check for any signs of decay or stains.
- Chimneys. Look for leaning chimneys, cracked joints, or damaged bricks.
- Gutters. Check whether the gutters are sagging, clogged, rusted, or decayed. They should not have loose or missing parts.
What to look for from the inside:
The things to look out for from the inside of the house include:
- Attic rafters. Look for any leaks or damp spots from the inside.
- Walls and Ceilings. Look for any stains, peeling paint, and moisture marks.
- Spiked Power Bills. Are you experiencing an unusual spike in energy costs from your HVAC? If so, it means that there is something with roof ventilation. That increases the cost of heating and cooling in your home.
The primary key to a long-lasting roof is regular maintenance. The sooner you notice roof damage, the easier it is to repair and avoid the enormous costs of replacing an entire roof. In cases of severe roof damage, it makes more sense to replace a roof than constant roof repairs. If you struggle to determine which services you’ll need, ask the expert in the home improvement industry, Adam Helfman!